drink these draining seconds
[html]

Straight ladies checking each other out yeaaah.

Gods, but Shiloh could understand why her brother had fallen for this female. Her curious smile became more genuine—almost dumbfounded—when the Virding turned to face her. Her eyes were a beautiful Mediterranean blue, the true color of their family, but what really caught her attention was the other’s coat. She’d seemed to have the same dark fur and points of lighter color similar to Niernan, at least from the back, and while this was interesting in itself for a wolf it was nothing compared to the two halves of her face—one the same smoky color as her body, the other chocolate brown. Even swollen with child, she was lovely.

It took a moment for Shiloh to reclaim her dubious thoughts, but her smile was none the less pleasant for it. She nodded to confirm who she was, wondering how much Saul had spoken over to their pack mates and what, exactly, he’d told them. Knowing the prissy girl-child she’d been when they were young, she wasn’t really optimistic about her first impression on her new family, but there was enough time to change that.

“Oh, yes,” the Dawnbringer answered with a flutter of her eyelashes and a quick twist of her body, her blue eyes flickering along the path from whence she’d come. “Jordheim is absolutely lovely,” she said, facing her leader, sister-in-law, and cousin again. “It’s rather hard not to settle into these cozy little homes nicely.” She meant every word of it, too, knowing how simple it had been to fall asleep the first night, safe and surrounded by beauty and family. She prayed for many restful nights ahead, too.

Lapsing into silence, she resumed staring at the woman’s face—noticing the pale squiggle on her forehead, hidden behind a lock of dual-colored hair. She kept looking for a moment, pretended to come to again, and smiled apologetically. “I’m sorry—Saul’s just told me so much about you,” she went on, then frowned. “Or, well, he’s told me how special you are; it’s really clear that he loves you. I guess he hasn’t told me about you, though, so I guess I’d like to get to know my new sister-in-law?”

She quickly reached up to twirl a lock of her blonde hair, conscious mimicry of a usually unconscious nervous tic. “If that’s okay,” she amended quickly. “I was just curious.”

+395

<style type="text/css">
.shflow-fb b {font-weight:bold; color:#fff; letter-spacing:-.5px; text-shadow:#323e4a 1px 1px 2px;}
.shflow-fb .ooc {font-style:italic; padding:3px; text-align:center;}
.shflow-fb .line {width:410px; border-bottom:1px solid #e8f2ff; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
.shflow-fb p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.shflow-fb {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#a8d1fa; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/UgWDM.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #323e4a; padding:240px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#323e4a; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread