Let the wild call
[html]

Remember there's no such thing as canine low speech! ^^ Unless I misunderstood what you meant in your post, in which case I apologize. <33

The reddish girl reminded Vesper very much of herself when she was younger, and the knowledge that she was nearly three years old and so changed from what the stubborn scrap in front of her represented was as curious as it was amusing. At least she’d be able to speak to the wolf cub on her level and understand her motivations where a less tolerant luperci might not. She hoped she could, at least; she didn’t want to be too much of a hypocrite if she could afford it, but seeing her mistake in others might put her in a bad mood as much as it made her want to laugh.

Finally the cub snapped-to, and her growl made Vesper smile even broader. “I’m sure you are,” she agreed in cool and calm tones, lifting a small forepaw conversationally. She remembered wanting to seem dangerous and brave when she was so small, and so she added less patronizingly, “I won’t underestimate you, sweetheart; it would be a mistake on the part of anyone who did.”

Her more direct question was taken in with the flick of an ear, but Vesper bought herself time to think as she watched the other’s alert posture. To show that she wasn’t a threat and wasn’t, in fact, part of a conspiracy to starve the whelp, she took a seat on the sand and let her tail tuck over her formerly injured hind paw. “I can catch you a meal, if you’d let me; I didn’t mean to frighten your little seafood away.” She smiled then let her face fall into a more serious expression, smooth but for the groove of her numerous scars. “I was also curious about you; I haven’t seen many non-luperci around these parts.”

<style>
.Vesptab001 .ooc {font-size:12px; font-style:italic;}
.Vesptab001 p {padding:0px 15px 5px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.Vesptab001 b {font-family:times new roman, times, serif; color:#b69a00; font-size:14px; font-weight:normal;}
.Vesptab001 {background-color:#050000; font-family:tahoma, sans-serif; font-size:13px; color:#bb6500; line-height:16px; width:425px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c73/p ... rtable.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:300px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; border-radius:8px; }
.Vesptab001-border {width:427px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:8px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread