strange summer
[html]
(--) It's fine Big Grin

The Russian saw Lynx's face flush slightly after her giggling, which only made her feel worse. She felt a bit better, though, when the other woman waved her hand, dismissing her laughter. "It was a good try, да," Vlad responded, nodding, "It was much better than I have heard others try to say it in the past." Many of the merchants and traders that her family's company worked with weren't of their nationality, so any time her father introduced her to a new sailor or pirate, they would always pronounce it wrong. It was a bit if a bother, really, but still amusing nevertheless to see how their foreign tongues attempted to roll the letter R as she did, or something like that.

Vladislava gave an understanding nod to the snowy woman's words, agreeing with them wholeheartedly. "I do not believe they are ever forgotten, really," she said, green eyes bouncing over to the ocean for a moment. "The sea... Such an intriguing thing. It seems to extend until the edges of the Earth, though of course, this world is not flat. I suppose that is how it can go on for 'eternity': The roundness of the planet bends it where we can not see the end. If there is an end to the ocean, that is."

Lynx soon stated that her heritage lay in the distant land of Norway, and Vlad's smile widened at this. Ah, she remembered reading about that place. Her parents had traded with a good number of Norwegians, and they always brought her beautiful goods from there. "Hmm," the dark she-wolf hummed softly, thinking about that ring her father had traded for from Lynx's homeland. She glanced down at her finger to see said gold ring, and wondered if the gold had actually come from Norway itself. Maybe it was just made there? She didn't remember reading that they were well-known for gold mining.

"I come from the vast country of Russia," she replied, her tongue rolling on the name of the Motherland. "It is in the middle of Europe. Or rather, it takes up much of Europe. It is a pleasant place." Her tail curled as she thought of her homelands, and grinned at the Norwegian pleasantly when she commented on her accent. "Спасибо. I find it to add a bit of character to my normal, ordinary self. My dialect is the only thing remarkable about me, unfortunately." She was still smiling as she said this, though, as she actually knew that being able to read, write, and speak fluently in English and Russian were the only other distinguishing things about her. She wouldn't mention that, however; she didn't want to seem prideful or arrogant.

<style type="text/css">
.vladibridge b {font-weight:bold; color:#ffffe7; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #8d7f6c; }
.vladibridge p {text-indent:20px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.vladibridge {margin:0 auto; width:477px; background-color:#bbaa90; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/KwBEP.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #8d7f6c; padding: 220px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#4b4338; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread