A House Without a Roof
[html]

Word Count » 301

Given my reputation, you know my motivation

Isabella furrowed her brows at the name; it was one she knew as masculine and had rarely heard as female, if she had heard it at all. Kaoru's look was impassive, blank; he had never heard most of the western names before at all, more used to his Japanese origins than the Latin and Germanic origins of many of the names here. Isabella was that oddball mix with parents who named her from both descents, oddly enough. He understood only one and the other was not something he could call her. "Well, Jordan, I say you're definitely going the wrong way," she said tartly, almost as though it amused her. It was plenty easy to get lost, especially if there was no instinctual memory of the place or a knowledge of the sun and stars - not that she claimed either.

"I wouldn't suggest you follow the coast much further east though, you'll run into Inferni," she said with a warning. She herself had little cause to fear from them, even if they disliked the slaves. They had been allies in a fight, struggle, and she commanded half her blood to be coyote. No, there was nothing to fear from them. But this creature. Dog, wasn't she? Isabella knew she had just as much dog blood as coyote and it showed more. Jordyn was clearly very much dog. "If I were you, I'd avoid them. No coyote blood in you, is there?" she asked, rudely sure, but she had the upper hand here. "You're better off either finding a boat and risking the sea or just head north while avoiding them." There was a strange half grin on her face, as though she dared to imagine a dog on the borders of the coyote clan.

<style>
.eris-worms {font-family: 'times new roman', times, serif; font-size: 15px; line-height:18px; letter-spacing:.5px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px; padding:0px 0px 5px 0px; margin:5px auto; width:500px; }
.eris-worms .inner {background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/97bll.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; }
.eris-worms .ooc {font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:13px; text-align:justify; margin:5px auto; width:500px;}
.eris-worms .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; font-style:normal;}
.eris-worms .tagline {font-family:'IM Fell French Canon', 'times new roman', times, serif; font-size:22px; padding:15px 15px 13px 0px; text-align:right;}
.eris-worms p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:5px 10px;}
.eris-worms .inner .tagline + p {text-indent:0px;}
.eris-worms .inner .tagline + p:first-letter{ display:block; margin:0 5px; float:left; font-size:60px;font-family: 'IM Fell French Canon', 'times new roman', times, serif;}
.eris-worms b {letter-spacing:1px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
.eris-worms u {text-decoration: none; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; font-style:italic; font-variantConfusedmall-caps;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread