[aw] so full of lights shining with colors
[html]
with the weight of the world, here i stand

LIES. And RawrShiloh!

The large cat went to grooming his long fur, and Shiloh half wished she was still the ignorant girl-child who could afford to fuss over her hair rather than need to address such difficult questions. It was clear even before the man spoke that he hadn’t been as knowledgeable about the events in the valley as she’d thought. It seemed that the Stormbringers who’d left to protect their colony of kin hadn’t read him in on the situation, and she felt a little stab of nervousness and frustration that now she had to. She kept her cool, though, other than a single digit curling her blonde hair and releasing it and curling it again. “The Dawnrunners, they—” Deep breath, a slight furrow in the forehead. “Let me start from the beginning,” the creamy-white female murmured, and tried to remember all the events that had transpired in the Solbjorg after the two brothers had departed from it.

“It started when Miskunn heard rumors about a Dawnrunner camp near ours—and so she went to investigate, and found out that they were holding Wretch captive for being a ‘spy,’ since she’d come from Gideon’s old pack or something to find him. Of course, Giddy hears this and he has to be a hero and go rescue her.” She couldn’t quite sound bitter about it, despite her fear and anger when he returned triumphant—triumphant as well as covered in dozens of wounds. She’d thought she would lose him several times; his blood loss was great, and more than one night he’d seemed about to slip away. “They got better, but… They wanted to come here, to protect you guys, too, because—”

And here was the important bit, the reason for her own visit, the danger. It took her a moment before she felt she could deliver the news calmly. “Miskunn overheard something else, too. The Dawnrunners know that there are outlying colonies of Stormbringers—like Vinátta, a little cluster of their rival family, small and unprotected by the same numbers in the Solbjorg.” Her lips drew back from her teeth as she stated this, and her voice was half a growl. “They want to come here, Niernan, to wipe us out, to wipe all of us out, I guess until there aren’t enough of us left to defend the valley when they hit there. I wasn’t going to sit back idly while that was happening.”

[/html]

Messages In This Thread