three rounds and a sound
[html]

No problem! ^^ I really like your ref of Aoves, btw. Big Grin And sorry about Una's total failure at everything; he's a moron. Wink +425

Of course, Unatsi should’ve known not to go around greeting people in his native tongue, but the language slipped out before he could stop himself. He was even more self-conscious with the fact that this was a loner, a pretty loner at that, and it showed in his posture and the soft clack of his beads as he fidgeted. He’d never really been social material, although it wasn’t for a lack of trying. He did grin nervously when she returned his greeting, the scar near his eye twitching in his facial tic.

The rangy man stepped backwards slightly out of politeness as she stood, further displaying the kinked and curled fur that marked her as a hybrid; a lot of the feathering was concentrated in the area that Una tried not to look at, having some manners. He suddenly couldn’t find a place for his hands and so mimicked her folded arms, his fingers still fidgeting along the thin muscle of his white one.

The woman explained that she’d been separated from her friends, and Unatsi frowned even as his big ears strained forward to hear more of her purring tones; he’d run across many strange accents, but this one was exotic all over again. He missed the widening of her strange grey eyes, and only shook his head frantically when she started to apologize.

“No, I don’t think—I don’t think you were being rude, I mean, your friends are gone—er, lost, separated, that whole uh, predicament.” His claws sank lightly into his fur as he tried to rein in his tongue, a losing battle. “But I—I asked the question, about if you were calling, or maybe it wasn’t an exact question like ‘Oh, why do you look glum, will you tell me what’s the matter?’ or something, but I still wanted an answer, and—and I’m sorry that your friends are missing so I’d be glad to help you find them,” he forced out, his ears flattening against his auburn mane. Okay, that was over at least.

“Aoves is a beautiful name,” Unatsi added with an awkward smile and twitch, sure he was butchering the pronunciation anyway. “My name is—well—it’s a long name, and in my language, and I don’t want to bore you with the ten minutes it’d take to recite it, uh, well, even if that’s a hyperbole—I mean—” He stopped, took a puffing breath, and reached up to wipe at his eye in annoyance.

“Call me Unatsi,” the red wolf managed to state concisely.

<style>
.unacanoe b {color:#fff9ee; text-shadow:#000 1px 1px 2px;}
.unacanoe b.npc {font-weight:normal; font-style:italic;}
.unacanoe p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px; margin:0px;}
.unacanoe p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:12px;}
.unacanoe .inner {margin:5px 10px 200px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://i52.tinypic.com/21bn0ba.jpg); border-size:1px; border-width:1px; border-style: dotted; border-color:#6d5e3e;}
.unacanoe {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#ab9361; background-image:url(http://i54.tinypic.com/122yeeh.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; font-family:'Book Antiqua', palatino, serif; font-size:13px; color:#000; line-height:20px; letter-spacing:1px; text-align:justify; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread