three rounds and a sound
[html]

Baha, I'm torturing the poor fellow at this rate. +315

He’d had many reactions to his constant stammering and rambling; these varied from uncomfortable silence to barely-polite smiles to outright mockery. In contrast to what he’d been expecting, though, the mink-colored woman seemed interested. Her platinum grey eyes rested on his face, her ears tilted toward him, and her head bobbed on occasion until she broke out into a beautiful smile. His words cut off immediately at that point, and he couldn’t help but smile awkwardly back; the expression only grew more awkward when he heard his name formed in her accented voice.

As it was, it took Unatsi a moment to realize that she was directly addressing him about his name; his big ears waggled in a way reminiscent of a deer’s before he nodded, forgetting all about the offer he’d given just a few moments ago about finding her friends.

“My name is Unatsikanogeni Adahy,” the ruddy-furred man said with a little bow. He realized that didn’t take that long at all, and his words bubbled out to make up for it. “Unatsi-kanogeni means snow-arm,” he added, gesturing to his fully white one. “Adahy means—well, it’s just a family name, you know, passed on from my father.”

He was fairly pleased with his relatively short phrases, and his tail flickered behind him. “But enough about me,” he mumbled in an attempt to be conversational, “what of you? You don’t sound like you come from around here—er, I mean, not that you’re especially foreign, but your voice is, and I think that’s a good thing because your accent is beautiful, uh, more beautiful than others I ran into, evidence that there are a lot of people who end up here who came from elsewhere and—” He cut off with a tiny little jerk that was equal parts twitch and wince, realizing he’d just destroyed whatever normalness he’d been able to cultivate.

<style>
.unacanoe b {color:#fff9ee; text-shadow:#000 1px 1px 2px;}
.unacanoe b.npc {font-weight:normal; font-style:italic;}
.unacanoe p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px; margin:0px;}
.unacanoe p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:12px;}
.unacanoe .inner {margin:5px 10px 200px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://i52.tinypic.com/21bn0ba.jpg); border-size:1px; border-width:1px; border-style: dotted; border-color:#6d5e3e;}
.unacanoe {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#ab9361; background-image:url(http://i54.tinypic.com/122yeeh.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; font-family:'Book Antiqua', palatino, serif; font-size:13px; color:#000; line-height:20px; letter-spacing:1px; text-align:justify; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread