three rounds and a sound
[html]

+315

Aoves said that her name had no meaning—and, furthermore, that she had crossed the seas in order to give it a meaning of her own. She shrugged carelessly after confessing this, although to Unatsikanogeni it sounded like something from a childhood story, a character going out on a quest that would ultimately shape them into something that would have consequences for lifetimes to come. He thought he would have quailed if faced with the same task—although he realized he was no stranger to journeys of the soul. Had he not met his spirit guide in the same way?

His explanation was met with a troubled sort of silence, and his green eyes darted over her face to assess whether he’d said the right thing. He flinched at her sigh, and more words bubbled up to fill what he thought was an awkward silence. “Well, don’t feel disheartened by that, I mean—it’s a lot to learn, but it’s not as if you’ll—er, well, maybe it is dangerous, if you don’t pay attention, but I don’t think—” Once again he fell into stammers, his hands fidgeting and wringing together. He was doing the opposite of what he intended, of course, when he only wanted to comfort her and give her some semblance of hope.

“You can—you can—” Unatsi stuttered out, and then blinked. “I can help you,” he blurted, drawing himself up slightly to his meager full height. “If you need a place to stay for the night, I can offer my home, or rather my, my tribe’s lands in general, not necessarily my actual hut, unless that’s not a problem, but—” A short-term memory sparked, and he tried to smile. “Or your friends, I can help to find them,” he remembered. “Maybe they’ve found shelter at one of the packs?”

<style>
.unacanoe b {color:#fff9ee; text-shadow:#000 1px 1px 2px;}
.unacanoe b.npc {font-weight:normal; font-style:italic;}
.unacanoe p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px; margin:0px;}
.unacanoe p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:12px;}
.unacanoe .inner {margin:5px 10px 200px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://i52.tinypic.com/21bn0ba.jpg); border-size:1px; border-width:1px; border-style: dotted; border-color:#6d5e3e;}
.unacanoe {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#ab9361; background-image:url(http://i54.tinypic.com/122yeeh.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; font-family:'Book Antiqua', palatino, serif; font-size:13px; color:#000; line-height:20px; letter-spacing:1px; text-align:justify; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread