someday the dream will end
[html]

rawr i am a pregnant lady covered in dirt! fear meeeee. >D

Word Count → 722

It was Shiloh's turn to be surprised, and Coli quietly let the pale wolfess draw her own conclusions. She and Lilin had not known each other before this spring, but even they had recognized the obvious traits they held in common. There was a noticeable age difference, of course, but they did have different mothers... It was not until Shiloh's gaze lowered to curve of her heavy pregnancy that she got especially uncomfortable with the scrutiny, and pretended to be deeply fascinated by the weed she was fidgeting with so that she could avoid eye contact. It was clearly not a condition Coli was proud of, and she found herself silently wishing that there would be no followup questions. She nodded in curt agreement -- they would have quite a few pups born all around the same time, but hopefully the pack could support them all through the colder months. "You arrived at an interesting time," she said simply.

As always, it was easier to talk about horticulture than anything personal. Shiloh's odd reaction to the dirt in her lap was brushed aside, and Coli's anxieties were temporarily lessened. She swallowed before picking up the conversation, soft voice slowly gaining confidence. “Yeah, this is the herb garden, anyone can use it if they need to. All the plants serve a medicinal purpose. I just keep the ornamental ones at my place, I… like the decoration.” Coli was pleased to hear her packmate loved flowers, and wondered if perhaps Shiloh and Saul would garden together. It wouldn't make Coli's work obsolete, would it? The lovely young Stormbringer went on to add her reasons, and Coli tilted her head, considering the time of year. “Ah, r… roses would be the easiest choice this season… Dahlias and sunflowers bloom throughout the autumn as well, but I don’t have any. You could probably find some outside the pack if you really wanted to look.” They were all attractive blossoms, though she had no experience actually wearing them. Perhaps a sunflower would be too cumbersome.

She scratched her nose tip awkwardly, unknowingly smudging it with soil, then added in an undertone, “If your heart is set on a lily, I might have one of my blue-beads… I can’t promise anything though." She had already gifted one of her lilies to Eclipse Soulstorm, then traded a pair to Amy Sunders; she was loathe to part with another of her sentimental favorites, but the gardener also felt the need to share whatever she could with her packmates. In the spring, she could always make another trip to the southern packlands and bring home more of the blue and white lilies and irises she loved.

She blinked owlishly as Shiloh went on to suggest an accessory for Coli, her encouraging grin giving the Hollr pause. The older female had never done much with her appearance: clothes, jewelry, hairstyles, it was all beyond her ken. Her Frithr pendant and the cloak she wore to hide her pregnancy for a time were the only articles she ever owned. She had simple down-to-earth tastes and knew she was plain to look at, brown as mud. They couldn't all be pretty. Admittedly, though, a flower would be something she would like to draw attention to… Coli brushed a strand of mane behind her ear, hesitantly mimicking Shiloh’s gesture as she tried to picture herself with one. Quickly she shook her head, snorting at herself. It was a poor time to develop vanity, with her massive belly hampering everything she did. There wasn't a flower in the world that could distract someone from that.

“I’ll, uh… focus on getting yours first,” she mumbled, wiping the dirt carelessly on her thighs. The task had gone by much more quickly than anticipated, since the two wolves were so efficient. There was not much else they could do today. It took a concerted effort to rise from her kneeling position, wheezing as though the act of standing was comparable to running a circle around Vinátta. "Did you want to walk back to Jordheim with me...? I mean, I can just bring you a flower later if you'd rather..." she muttered, tucking her ears shyly. She did not want to assume that Shiloh wanted to endure her company any longer than she needed to.

Image courtesy of mackenzei-stock@deviantART! Table by Haley!

<style>
.fieldfreebie .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px;}
.fieldfreebie p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.fieldfreebie b {color:#72a1b2; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.fieldfreebie {background-color:#b0cfe4; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/O9YVS.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#1e6879; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; margin:0px auto; outline:1px solid #000000; border-size:1px; border-width:1px; border-style: none solid solid solid; border-color:#FFFFFF;}
.fieldfreebie .inner {margin:0px 10px 270px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://soulsrpg.com/images/pride/templa ... ate_bg.png); border-size:1px; border-width:1px; border-style: none dotted dotted dotted; border-color:#72a1b2;}
.fieldfreebie .wordcount {color:#72a1b2; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #72a1b2; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread