i know i miss more than hit
[html]
Word count: 318 // No big! Sorry on my end, too, lol.

It was a very calming rhythm, the thumping of Jimson's staff against the practice dummy. The methodical contact helped calm his frayed nerves, and soothed his earlier frustrations. This, at least, was something which he did well; it was hard to miss when you aimed with a weapon as big as Jimson's staff. It was what he liked about staff fighting as opposed to the bow and arrow. With the staff, you just had to swing in the general direction, and you'd make contact somewhere painful, whereas with that stupid bow you had to be meticulous about how you aimed, how hard you pulled on the string, in what direction and how hard the wind was blowing and whether you happened to be gassy that day. Blunt abuse was much more the big dog's style.

So focused was Jimson upon doling out blows that he never noticed the creamy male's observance until Skoll approached him, offering an arrow the big dog had apparently overlooked as Jimson took a bit of a breather. The white giant's broad face broke out into an honest smile as he saw the familiar face. "Ha, yeah, damn fool thing. Thanks," he said as he took the slim implement from Skoll. He crossed the short distance to his quiver and replaced the errant arrow where it belonged before returning his attention to the other male. He grinned at Skoll's comment, giving his staff an appreciative look himself. "Ah, yeah," he replied. "Cain't go far wrong with a big stick, I allus say. Damn bow 'n arras gimme fits, so it helps to unwind wi' mah staff a bit after spendin' all day missin' mah targets." Jimson offered the staff to the younger male, motioning with his head toward the much-abused dummy. "Y'wanna give it a go?" The staff may have been a little unwieldy for the wolfdog, but Jimson thought he could handle it.

Table credit Raze.
<style type="text/css">
.jimmoro-ooc {width:490px; padding: 3px 0px 3px 0px; font-size:11px; font-family: Georgia,serif; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:9px; font-style:italic; text-align:right;}
.jimmoro b {color:#751b02;}
.jimmoro p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.jimmoro {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#c0b075; background-image:url(http://hensleyitis.files.wordpress.com/ ... eeping.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #655d3e; padding: 290px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#655d3e; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread