joyeux anniversaire
[html]
out of character

Adelle was a pillar for him, an anchor to his senses even as grief threatened to overtake him once more. He clung to her firm form, comforted by her strong arms wrapped tightly around him. She sounded calm when she spoke, and he wondered at how much older she seemed. Neither one of them were the kids they’d been before, that much was for sure; she’d aged years with the death of her guardian, and he… He was going through the same thing, and realizing just how much pain she’d been in before.

Skoll registered her casual words, and he tried to work up the breath to tell her how cool it was she was learning to fight from horseback, but he only managed a wordless mumble. The Cavalier bent down to lick his head, murmuring words of encouragement, and he finally released the first sob built up in his throat.

“My mama,” the young man said, nuzzling into her collarbone and clutching at her back, fingers curling in her fur. He hiccupped weakly. “God took her from us; she was hurting for a long time, and—and my father, he’s not the same, and I don’t know what to do…” His voice cracked at this admission, and he shook his head slowly from side to side. “I don’t know how it’ll ever get better…”

<style>
.skolbelivooc {margin:0px auto; width:495px; font-familyConfusedmall fonts; font-size:9px; text-align:right;}
.skolbeliv {margin:0px auto; width:500px; border:#070100 1px solid; background:#2f2b10 url(http://i.imgur.com/SbGLv.png) top center no-repeat; color:#bbb695; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; line-height:15px; padding:230px 0px 1px;}
.skolbeliv p {padding:1px 25px 0px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px;}
.skolbeliv b {color:#b8c053;}</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread