[aw] open arms and closed hearts
[html]
yay! <3
wordcount ► 339

Yvette beamed her wide smile, showing teeth as she stuck out her tongue in a happy laugh. "Ohm-mee-tea? Omiteee," she said with a roll, running the vowel over her tongue and looking like she had just tried something strange for the first time. The girl resisted the urge to lean forward and bump noses with the creature, but that was the way she was; always itching to stick her face in places it didn't belong.

"From?" she said softly, cocking her head to look at her uncle from the corner of her eyes. Her brows furrowed as she thought and the man sighed. "England, Britannia, dear." The girl's tail wagged, and she nodded. "Yeah, that," There was a distinct difference between both of their accents. Gale's was tainted by England but clearly from somewhere else. Yvette had a slightly heavier English accent though it was affected by Gale's Latin-Italian accent, too. "We came over in a boat and everything!" she exclaimed, letting her paws dig into Gale's thighs hard enough to make him wince. Tired of it, the man pulled her out of his lap and made her sit beside him properly.

Gale looked up at the dark woman, and wondered why he had thought that she had reminded him of Siv. Perhaps just the coloring, even though Siv was not pure black at all. "I've heard of Eris, but do not know your mother." But he tightened his lips as she mentioned that she had not been here since he had arrived, enslaved. "I was.. brought here maybe two moons ago? Time.. is a little hazy, I'm sorry, Domina." Gale put a heavy hand on the girls head to keep her in place, and she stilled and quiet. She, no doubt, had a lot to say about their enslavement, but it was best to cut her off before she even fully thought it out. "Why did you leave, Domina, if you had family here? Isn't family important?"

Images credited to Jason Pier. Table style inspired by Kitty.

<style>
.gale_01 {padding:5px 0px 265px 0px; width:500px; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/Rtaz4.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-color:#f5fbf9; border: 1px solid #1c9adf; font-family:verdana;font-size:10px; line-height:12px;}
.gale_01 .inner {margin:0 20px; padding: 0px 9px 0px 9px;text-align:justify;}
.gale_01b {width:502px; border: 1px solid #000; margin:0 auto; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.gale_01 .ooc {text-align:left; color:#075fac; font-size:10px; border-bottom:1px dashed #000; }
.gale_01 .wc {color:#9fd2eb; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; text-align:right; padding:0px 15px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 0px 10px 5px;}
.gale_01 p {padding:0px 1px 5px 1px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;color:#2cb6e5;}
.gale_01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#9fd2eb;}
p.gale01_credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:11px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;color:#000;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread