[aw] open arms and closed hearts
[html]
OH NOE DON'T LET THAT SECRET OUT GALE.
wordcount ► 303

The slave wrinkled his nose, smiling at the dark woman. "Wet. Very wet." The south of England was very rainy, almost dreadfully so. It would never storm for hours at a time, but lightly drizzle on and off all day. It all seemed so misty all the the time that it was hard to believe it was ever sunny. There was sunshine between drizzles during the spring and the beginning of summer he had experienced, but the locals all said that winter was grey with light snow. Clear days of sun were rare and very much so coveted. The woman who had delivered Yvette and her now deceased sister had told Gale in her breaks, and she explained the weather and the sheep trade. "If it's not drizzling, you're not in England."

Gale looked away from Harrow, down at the girl who sat beside him watching both the cat and the dark woman. "Yes. I agree. Family is most important in everything. Familia est ad vitam." He touched the young girl's head, patting her slightly with an odd smile on his maw as he serenely remembered the last touch of their mother, and how he and his sister had escaped Rome together. "Right, Yvette?" The golden pup nodded, yipping up at her uncle.

"I don't see us separating," he said seriously, looking up at Harrow with solemn eyes. "She's all I have left of her mother and I'm the only thing she has of her mother, too." Gale's eyes widened and he looked away. He hoped he had not given away more than he was supposed to, but he always had a hard time hiding his emotions. Gale swallowed nervously, and then grinned back sheepishly at Harrow. "How are you finding things here? Anything different, Domina?"

Images credited to Jason Pier. Table style inspired by Kitty.

<style>
.gale_01 {padding:5px 0px 265px 0px; width:500px; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/Rtaz4.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-color:#f5fbf9; border: 1px solid #1c9adf; font-family:verdana;font-size:10px; line-height:12px;}
.gale_01 .inner {margin:0 20px; padding: 0px 9px 0px 9px;text-align:justify;}
.gale_01b {width:502px; border: 1px solid #000; margin:0 auto; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.gale_01 .ooc {text-align:left; color:#075fac; font-size:10px; border-bottom:1px dashed #000; }
.gale_01 .wc {color:#9fd2eb; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; text-align:right; padding:0px 15px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 0px 10px 5px;}
.gale_01 p {padding:0px 1px 5px 1px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;color:#2cb6e5;}
.gale_01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#9fd2eb;}
p.gale01_credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:11px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;color:#000;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread