Never leave a wrong to ripen into sorrow
[html]

The slanderous words had lashed out like a whip and now she could never take them back. Her eyes narrowed to slits as time and space seemed to slow down and the majesty of her alpha was coming towards her with fangs bared and fur on edge. In an instant she became Syliat’s prodigy, bloodlust and fury. Her great grandmother always knew the darkness was in there, and without hesitation Palaydrian let rip a startling growl, half scream and half roar as she too launched herself forwards. She became the ANGRY SWAN, preparing herself for the inevitable rain of claw or fang that was sure to come as the gap between dark and light began to shrink. Though Palaydrian was large for her sex, Zalen was an impressive creature and would certainly have the upper hand in pure muscle against her post pregnancy frame, but all she saw was red.

The world still moved at a snail’s pace as she bounded forward and that was when she shifted. Eyes blackened to a shiny oil sheen before Drin became a beast of wolf in her secui form, last used when the wolves of her previous pack had tried chasing her down and taking advantage of her. The shift took a matter of seconds triggered solely by her plight and now she was more of an equal match to her leader. There was less than two yards between the bristling wolves when Palaydrian’s guttural shout cut through the air, For Titania!

The world sped up and it was now or never. Would friends become foes? Would blood be drawn? Would Omega actually challenge Alpha? Sister wanted brother’s blood and brother most certainly wanted her’s or at least for her to atone for what she had said. The two yards quickly became one when suddenly a terrified and feeble scream cut through the feral monster’s defenses. Momma!? Drin skidded to a halt with a surprised bark as the black dissipated from her eyes and she shrank into her natural form with a violent shudder. Her head snapped towards the den she had tried in vain to keep from Zalen’s prying eyes, but there standing in his fluffy glory was the tawny kit, Leaf.

Blue eyes of innocence were rimmed with moisture belonging to the fox with the too-big-for-his-body ears. Awareness and realization hit the fae like a wall of brick. What the hell was she doing? Yes Zalen was her alpha, yes she should always show him respect, but above all he was her friend and she had been foolish to think that he didn’t mourn the loss of his own children and mate as everyone else surely did. I’m...I’m so sorry, she stuttered with a whine before rushing back to the child to assure him that everything was okay. The kit backed away uncertainly, seeing her shift must’ve frightened him even more than all the ruckus and displays of violence. Momma’s here, it’s okay shhh...my little bear spoke, Leaf talked to momma! She cooed until the kit allowed her to approach him.

She wasn’t sure what ground she stood with Zalen anymore, but she had promised her son that no harm would come to him, especially not from her. Wary eyes rose to her alpha, her body now a complete 180 from the bristling mass she had been earlier. I was protecting my son, she explained as another submissive whine pushed through her nares.

Table credit to Vannah!

<style type="text/css">
.ps-butterfly b {font-weight:bold; color:#3e1a3f;}
.ps-butterfly p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.ps-butterfly {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#d5f4e2; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v125/ ... terfly.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #d5f4e2; outline:1px solid #000000; padding: 275px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: times new roman, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #;letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
wc: 5+
[/html]

Messages In This Thread