A momentary retreat
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... lity_1.png); background-color:#b69062; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; padding-right:0px; padding-top: 285px; border-radius:15px; -moz-border-radius:15px; -webkit-border-radius:15px; border-bottom-left-radius:15px; border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px;">

ooc:

Her own rules were being tested here and now, but such was the privilege of a leader to her people. Should the situation escalate to something undesirable then it could be said the fault was her own, sparing the Nomads of the consequences or having to smooth a situation between left in chaos. If only to exhibit to consequence that came from being shown hostility rather than cooperation. The Nomad collective had made enemies in their lifetime, some conflicts she witnessed in her youth before leaving. What was one more gained on different soil? A smirk gently pulled at the Shepard’s lips then formed into a full-fledged smile as she spied the hackles rising along his back. Presumably he had an idea of who she was now…or at least where she hailed from. Why it took him so long before, she could not bother to investigate.

“You are correct,” she agreed with his exasperated comment. “It would be dishonorable, but so is spitting on the face of peace to assert a child’s superiority. Wouldn’t you agree? Niernan, Vald of Vinatta?” There was hardly an inflexion to her voice, little more than the subtle creak of her voice with every breath telling of its thirst yet to be quenched. But she could wait to drink, at least for a little while longer. Just enough to finish her assessment then be done with the Vinattan hunter. However, as if sensing her thoughts her feathered friend reached in and bothered her ear between his beak to gain her attention. Liquid… clear…moving. He could hear the strain in her voice, the dry inelegant grating that did not suit her at all. She growled softly to her companion, but obliged him none the less. Turning from this person of interest, she padded over to the edge of the lake and dipped her head to drink. With muzzle only glancing over the surface, she gathered the liquid in timed, even strokes, keeping her ears training on the wolf should he have something more to say.

But it was in his confirming his relation to Saul that she paused and looked at him whilst collecting the stray droplets of water clinging to her muzzle. A cousin? And that was supposed to be significant? If she had learned anything from the boy himself unless there was a direct line, a true mother to daughter, father to son connection, these ‘bonds’ meant nothing. They were not like Nomads. They knew nothing of bonds and what it took to keep them. But she curved her tongue and made it softer as she spoke to retain the air of calm though her ruffling companion was anything but. “Fascinating,” she growled evenly. “I do hope not all Stormbringers are as foolish as your child king and his playmate. And may the Ancestors grant some sense to their children…On that note.” Her ears perked up suddenly. “I hadn’t thought the boy was old enough to mate. It was not long ago he was looking to my lost mate as his father and me, his surrogate…trying to re-create the family his heart longed for…”

520 words.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread