Sketches of Shadows and Light
[html]

OMG! Hunger games song! Had a right little fanspasm when I read the lyrics. :: 354 ::

A sweet and clear voice broke in among the birdsong, the birds quieting to listen to the female notes. Nier flicked his pointed pinna around to listen better to the song. The lyrics struck him as very dark and he wasn't entirely sure if he liked it, but then the tune and the words reminded him of many of his favourite Irish ballads, recalling Molly Malone and Danny Boy to his mind. He found himself humming a few bars of Molly Malone but stopped as the crashing of horse hooves through the foliage made him look up and around. Ciaran slid fluidly from his perch and trotted to his friend, scrambling up to curl himself around Niernan's neck, acting like a furry scarf.

Two sets of eyes, one startlingly blue and the other grey-green, gazed up at the wolfess astride the pretty grey dapple. Her pale eyes met his as she realised he was there, shock registering on her features for a brief moment. Her melodic voice came again, apologising for disturbing him. He waved a dismissive handpaw at her, lilting Irish tones spilling from his maw, "Not at all Darlin'. You have a beautiful voice, and a beautiful horse." He was becoming thoroughly distracted by the equine, her uniquely dappled coat and charcoal mane calling out to the man. He had developed a new appreciation of horses since procuring his own, the little piebald colt happily turned out in a paddock with all the other Vinattan horses.

He heaved himself to his footpaws, the journal held loosely in one paw while he approached the horse calmly. He looked up to the wolfess again, "May I say hello to your mare?" He asked politely, really hoping that she would say yes, his fingers itching to smooth the mares nose. Ciaran didn't even bother to ask permission, stretching his head out to bump it against the mares. Nier frowned lightly at his cat, but smiled when the feline purred and tried to rub against the horses face. "Sorry about him, it seems he's in a funny mood." He said, chuckling lightly and waving his tail slowly.

Word Count ~ +xxx

<style>
.NiernanBody .ooc {font-size:10px; font-style:italic; padding:0px 0px 0px 0px; text-align: center;}
.NiernanBody p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.NiernanBody { font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:16px; text-align:justifyWink; background-position: center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:px 0px 10px 0px; min-height:273px; width:597px;}
.NiernanHeader {background-image:url(http://i937.photobucket.com/albums/ad21 ... Header.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; height:273px; padding:220px 0px 0px 0px; width:597px;}
.NiernanFooter {background-image:url(http://i937.photobucket.com/albums/ad21 ... Footer.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; height:273px; padding:0px 0px 0px 0px; width:597px;}
p.wc {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:500px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}

</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread