[p] i drink to death and smack my lips with song
((XD! I think it was cause by people fiddling with the settings, actually. But I'll keep an eye out for those piggy backers!))

Ah, so Draugr's pack needed traps for protection-- that made sense to Null, it was perfectly logical for a secretive pack to not want strangers around their borders. There was no reason her traps wouldn't work on a wandering canine, either, since most were not in the habit of checking for traps when walking out in the wilderness. Trapping was not that common a skill, she had found. Draugr sounded pleased with Null's skill, too, and the tiny wolf couldn't help but wag her tail with delight at the small amount of praise.

A gift for the pack leaders... Null had quite the collection of gold and silver jewelry that she had found on her travels, as well as two 'Wilderness Handbooks', one that detailed which plants were safe to eat and which were poison and one that was full of basic survival tips that she should probably have been taught years ago but had had to earn from the book. The young female had no idea what the leaders would like by way of gift, though. Would she have to bring an animal? But she could only catch anything by trapping, and prey often died in the traps. A carcass might not be as well accepted as a live creature, and there was no way she was dragging a deer carcass all the way to wherever this pack was.

Null looked up at Draugr's question, blinking. It was only then that she realized that she had already been thinking of this unfamiliar pack as a point in her future rather than a possibility. She nodded, making a conscious decision-- she would go to Draugr's pack and try to be accepted into its ranks. Yes. I think I will. She confirmed, tail setting up a steady beat of wags.

Um-- I have quite the collection of jewelry. Would your leaders like that? Or should I find an animal? I'm just worried that it would die in the trap and I'd hafta catch another or try to carry the carcass, and I'm not sure I could physically bring anythin' too big. And I don't feel a carcass would go down too well, anyway. Or-- or something else? She didn't want to bring a poor gift, after all. She wanted to please the leaders as much as she could. Many Luperci valued jewelry, but not all. While she considered her shiny trinkets to be precious, others might consider it useless and cast it aside.

Messages In This Thread