Tender Tinder
[html]

how to attract an alma: mention wood

Although her relationship with Ithiel had been wonderful, she also had to admit it was distracting her from her duties. She hadn't made a bow or spear in a month or more and her supply of wood was getting low. Alma did not think she had enough to build one long bow, although there was perhaps enough for some smaller items like arrows and beads. Therefore, she set out from her den with a stone axe in one hand, and a spare strapped to her belt in case it should fall apart or she should lose her first.

She wore the armor she'd obtained from the Boreas wolves, because she could never be sure she wouldn't be attacked or harassed when going outside of clan borders, and she preferred not to cut down the trees in the clan's own territory when searching for wood. Alma left her bow and quiver at home, but took a combat knife and strapped to her belt, as well. Any enemy she might find would probably attack her in close combat, so it was likely that she wouldn't have time to use her bow.

The orange coyote was not far into the forest when she realized she was not alone. A tall, grey and tawny coyote caught her attention; she appeared to be gathering wood - perhaps the same task that Alma had set out to do, except she was gathering from the ground instead of chopping down a tree. "Hello," she said, and approached her - standing a bit off so as not to get in her way of her search. "I don't believe we've met before. Are you new to Inferni?" Her eyes fell upon the pile wood. "If I might ask, what do you need the wood for?" It was not that she desired any of that wood - it was unsuitable for her purposes; she was simply curious. "Do you need any help?"

<style type="text/css">
hr { height:0px; width:100%; margin: 0px 150px 0px 150px auto; }
.runningdeertablerun {width:500px; border:none; margin:0px auto;}
.runningdeertableooc {font-family: times; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:.3px;}
.runningdeertable {font-family: Arial; font-size:13px; text-indent:30px; letter-spacing:.2px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:14px; width:510px; text-align:left; background-image:url(http://i.minus.com/i5hncsG1U87xk.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:1px 0px 160px 0px;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread