So stars fell asunder
[html]It is, it is! <3

She seemed friendly enough, he supposed. At least she was considerate enough to dismount from her house so that they were at least level with another — that was a lax response that actually did put Mephisto at some ease. Admittedly he did have his reservations about meeting those that came calling at the borders, but that stemmed from stories if nothing more. Stories of those that came to readily attack at the border, stories that his mother had given him. No doubt passed down from her own mother, he mused, though he had yet to meet his grandmother.

“I suppose you could be right about that. Makes sense to go somewhere that has less traffic from time to time,” Mephisto said easily. “But I'm afraid I don't really have anything with me that I could use for fair trade. Like I said, I didn't anticipate a trader to come calling at our borders.” He shrugged. “But if you aren't unopposed, Miss, I'd be happy to keep you company while you wait to see who else comes. If my kin see me out here, they're likely to be less hesitant, maybe. Or aggressive. Who knows,” and really, he was only partially lying. Mephisto wasn't even that acquainted with anyone of the sort outside of Myrika. But she didn't need to know that, did she?

For him, it was fair chance to learn something more about such savage lands.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread