[m] [p] little bird, don't stifle your song
[html]

Sparrow

I rise to meet you as your trust dissolves to shame
oh, this innocence has turned and lost its way
retrace the footprints off the path from which I came
I'm the beast in you, the beast in me

Sparrow knew there was nothing to celebrate. Anything in his honor was a folly, a cruel lie. His power he now possessed was a crown wrought with disloyalty. She did not allow herself to be entertained with the thought of walking out of the house while the chaos continued outside, not when other drunks and low lives stumbled and feasted. At least she had an ounce of stubbornness still left in her. If anything, she disliked this pack as much as Marcel--no, she could not hold vivid emotions for strangers like she had with the man, but they came close. They were disgusting, pleasure and greed being their life, from what she saw. They had no purpose but to hurt others, tarnish the world with their blackness. Innocence never survived long--maybe she herself wasn't as pure as she was when she first came here. She was broken, after all, and could be easily shaped into anything with a firm hand.

Her heart sped as he inched closer to her, and she did not press closer into the corner--no matter how small she could make herself, she knew she would never escape the fire that gazed over her once she had their attention. A smile played across his scarred face. The first time she ever saw it, she was comforted by it. Now, it only chilled her. She trembled as she felt a finger brush softly against her face, but did not dare flinch away--she'd rather be caressed than slapped and clawed after all, but the lingering touch was unsettling as the hits were painful. Already she was trying to distant herself from the situation, at the least her mind able to escape the physical part of his prescene. But, words always kept her at attention. He softly told her about her pretty face, and how he should flaunt it. Fatherly words reached her, twisted themselves around her. Maybe tonight could be a calm night, and all she needed to do was comply, and not fight it.

She allowed his hand to move from her face to her ear, where he rubbed it gently as she stared blankly into the ground, seeing noting of it. Better than hits, she reminded herself, being lulled into his quiet voice. But, part of her remained tensed. Ruse, she faintly thought. Always something, never nothing. This thought only strengthened when she felt his loving hand leave her, yet his body did not back away. She did not dare look up at the eyes she knew that were watching her. A question was asked. Should she answer? Maybe she hadn't much a choice, in the end. She never did. She glanced up from her low spot to see the wide grin on his face. It was screaming at her. "Y-yes, I want to stay..." Honesty may reward her. Maybe a calm night, a more restful sleep that wasn't racked with pain.

bite my nails right down to the skin
where one trust ends another lie begins
patch over holes in my weakened heart
which angels hold & devils pull apart

[/html]

Messages In This Thread