Back from Bliss
[html]

500+

The hollowness felt was brief. His eyes narrowed slightly as she began to speak again. The male’s remark had not been to gain more information about that retched beast of a wolf. But that mattered little as she did even more; she began to defend his treatment of the Issum. Slowly he would feel a heavy beating begin in his chest. Every note and word she spoke sped it up and drew a display of angered fangs from him. Every false assertion for X’ies forced forward another layer against a wall which kept any truth in her words far from her fellow leader. “He’s been watching you… waiting for you to step so far ahead that you stumble.” Were these the actions of a wolf looking for peace, for guidance? What had her so blind? What in her mind allowed X’ies to offer such disrespect to a man she had supposedly loved without so much as an order of silence? This question alone was one that had stung him for a long time but not so much as it did at that moment. For Jaden to expect obedience was his right as Alpha. He needn’t prove himself to every whelp who sought to become part of their family. So much angered him about her sermon that he felt he very well could have spit straight fire upon her when she finished.

But he was not given the chance. She finished by reminding him that she couldn’t control herself despite how much he thought she loved him, that she could have and likely would have sought to hurt him… again. But how different was this? He would have preferred a fine, deep, painful scar to this. That would heal at least. This… this didn’t feel like something that would heal as well. And the emotions in him could only flip-flop so many times. Now the regret she forced down his throat only turned his stomach sickeningly. It all caused his impassioned glare of rage to falter as he was forced to look away from her and weaken before it returned. When it did, he chose to ignore what she’d said and return to the issue of X’ies. He had a feeling there was not much more to be said, but at least one last try was within him. Once. Is. enough. Every wolf to show at our boarders has given me courtesy and respect… and has gotten it in return. That day he came here he would have never been allowed onto my land. He would have left this place with a fine scar to remind him exactly what his deceitful words are worth… had you not intervened and forgiven him on my behalf… You… you made a fool out of me… This was the first time he had seen it this way and how right and painful it felt was agonizing. He hides behind you and has gotten away with more than any stranger has ever gotten away with against me. And you let him. he paused and let that sink in but not long enough to allow her an interjection, and now?... Now he has taken you from me. The note on his voice was dark and easily betrayed his burning desire for retribution. And you would have me do what? Forgive him unconditionally? Appease him and his superiority? Try to reason with his poison tongue? the darkness turned to a condescending, disgust filled sarcasm but he stopped then and waited for an answer knowing she had one and expecting another long line of blindly insightful crap.

Jaden does. Jaden speaks. Jaden thinks.

<style type="text/css">
.jaden-fear b {font-weight:bold; color:#999999; letter-spacing:1px; }
.jaden-fear .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center; color:#999999}
.jaden-fear p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.jaden-fear {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#1c1c1c; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/BB1Mn.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 230px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#535353; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread