Lets greet the neighbors with a smile!
[html]
(658) OOC: hey look novel!!

She could hear the skepticism in his voice and couldn’t help but smile a little more; “Sport and hunting.” She said wanting to make sure she kept those two entirely separate. She led the mare out of the stables as well as the man and they went towards the flower fields where her targets were; “It has been fun challenging myself and I had a small challenge once with another.” She said smiling at the thought, though she knew that Archery could be used as a weapon, she hit one woman, luckily only a small flesh wound because she was sneaking up on her and then shot at her own brother as he admitted to killing her father.. She would have shot and hit him again if she didn’t give him leeway But she did and he lived with no wounds on him.

“Not it’s a little further over here.” She said moving to a slightly hidden spot still out in the open but away from sight of everything. Set up were large wooden planks in the shape of a four legged animal, she tried to make it look like a deer, but it just looked more like a blob. She borrowed red pain from someone to use as markers of where was best to hit the animal for a quick death. “This is it. Ok I’ll demonstrate and watch my stance and how I do it.” She said,wrapping Grace’s reigns lightly in a bush, she could tug and it would stay there, the horse would know Eclipse wanted her there, but if she spooked then the riegns would easily come loose and Grace would have the freedom to run away. Eclipse was not scared of the horse running away for long. She readied her bow, stringing it and made sure it was tight and ready when she nodded to the man. She got into a ready stance her legs in a position of balance, squared with her hips, so it was easy to pivot. She took an arrow and as she was demonstrating slowly knocked it with the arrow pointing down, then when she pulled it up, she breathed in, squared her shoulders to her legs one arm pulled back to her cheek the other straight but not locked and aimed, then let loose. her arrow hit straight on the “Head” of the target, just outside of the red target dot.

There was two others, one on the neck and the other on the front flank. All of them were deadly shots on a herd animal. She looked over to Adrian and motioned him to come to her and held out the bow she kept the quiver, first she would show him how to work the bow. “The first thing is to know it. Yes you say it is a weapon but it is also a tool like a shovel, or a hammer, you need to know what it is and what it is for. Right now, since my targets are deer... well suppose to be, But that means we would be hunting. This tool keeps you away from the immidiate danger, that is why it is a tool. The wood part of the bow needs to be springy to give a little when you pull the string back, this string is tight so that it snaps after you let it go. My bow is probably going to be a little light for you but we can work with what we go I am sure.” She said watching the man’s expression. Sometimes she gave a bit more information that confused some, but he could always ask and she could always answer; “Now try the position I was in, don’t worry I will put you right but it’s always good to try and be corrected than to have things done fore you.”

<style type="text/css">
.eclipseclock b {font-weight:bold; color:#ffffe7; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #5c6730; }
.eclipseclock p {text-indent:20px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.eclipseclock {margin:0 auto; width:477px; background-color:#d9da9a; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/6AuC4.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #87885d; padding: 187px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#5c6730; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Kite/Aly
[/html]

Messages In This Thread