alley cat blues
[html]

--

Footsteps echoed down the long alley. He turned his head to look at who was approaching--female, Dahlia de Mai. His eyes caught the glint of metal and his ears fell back immediately. Then, she told him what he already knew: he was from Inferni. Then again, she also called him a coyote, which he was finding to be increasingly asinine. He was more wolf than some of the hybrids that led wolf packs in the area, and anyone who thought otherwise was clearly unobservant. Other than his slightly elongated snout and ears, and the golden coat, he could practically pass for a full blooded wolf.
"Oh, shut up," he hissed at her, red eyes rolling. She'd stopped in her advance; he was ready to spring up immediately if she chose to attack, but he had quite an earful to give her first. "Did you miss the memo or are you too thick to know what a ceasefire means?" he spat. Snorting loudly, he continued; he was far from done. "You know what I find hilarious?" he asked, tone laced with sarcasm. "You all peg us as the bad guys; the instigators! And yet you just had to come down this one alley that I was in, when there are hundreds of others to go through. You act like you don't even have the option of, you know, just fucking off and leaving me alone."
Although he was clearly irritated, he had to admit it felt good to get all of that off of his chest. Was she really going to be so foolish as to rekindle the war that they'd finally gotten out of? What was with this, drawing weapons and coming closer rather than just accepting peace and continuing on her way? The alley was isolated enough that it just couldn't be a major route. Honestly, for every good, reasonable wolf he found, he could swear there were half a dozen nasty ones lining up just waiting to cancel them out.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread