that's all i ask for
Really close! [html]

SOMEWHERE THERE'S A CRACK IN THE SIDEWALK
BIGGER THAN THE SHADOW OF DEATH IN THIS TOWN

Her eyes felt particularly heavy, even though it was the middle of the day. She supposed it could have been partially due to the fact that her sleep hadn’t been so fulfilling the night before. Too many things kept turning around in her mind. She wasn’t sure why this whole ordeal with Anselm seemed to trouble her so much, but it did. She couldn’t decide how to go about things now. Should she pursuit being with her father?

Ryan turned her red gaze upon a taller, black female who spoke softly to her. Her eyes seemed to show kindness, perhaps compassion. The hybrid offered a smile in return, letting her hand drop from the tree and turning to fully face the Italian girl. "Hi," Ryan responded, surprised to find herself suddenly feeling slightly better. "I’m doing alright, I suppose. Hanging in there." That was an expression her mother often used, especially when the duo were low on food. 'Hungry, but hanging in there.' "My name’s Ryan," she offered, holding out a hand for the girl to shake. She had seen her mother do this as well, once when she had spoken to this awful looking coyote. It was desperate, but her mother had ways of bringing food home for them.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread