that's all i ask for
[html]

SOMEWHERE THERE'S A CRACK IN THE SIDEWALK
BIGGER THAN THE SHADOW OF DEATH IN THIS TOWN

Similarly, their shaking hands felt awkward to Ryan as well, but she appreciated the notion behind the gesture. After all, it was an appropriate way to greet someone, right? This Italian girl had a very pretty name – Savina. It was rather feminine, unlike her own. She nodded, letting herself sit down upon the damp ground. She crossed her legs beneath her like a pretzel, attempting to flatten out the wrinkles of her dress with one hand.

"Me? Ahhh, well…" She paused, thinking of her mother again. The two had been together from the beginning and often shared simple talks like this during their traveling. When she had been smaller, Ryan’s mother would scoop her into her lap and talk about whatever they pleased. It felt much the same, which is why, it seemed, Ryan felt she could be open with Savina and tell her how she felt. She pretended as if it were Lené in front of her. "I was given a name. The name of the person who is supposed to be my father." Anselm, she said in her head. "I met someone the other day with that name. It’s just…" She paused. It couldn’t be possible, right? "It couldn’t have been him."

[/html]

Messages In This Thread