Memories of the Sun
[html]

wee Big Grin He's just so tired he don't give a crap no mo. cx

The harsh, almost accusatory tone of the stranger brought the former dauphin's lavender eyes up in surprise. He turned his head slightly, as the chair was at an angle away from the door, and stared at the younger female standing in the doorway. He squinted at her and realized he did not know her at all. Or did he? He could hardly remember if he did or didn't, but felt that he probably did or else he would not be second guessing himself. He gave her a tired smile, both from feeling ill to his core and the storm that was making his neck itch and ache and his belly roil with unease.

"I was just reminiscing a bit. I'll come do-" he stopped suddenly, hearing and smelling a familiar person approach the woman in the doorway. Instantly he became cold. He knew that Terra thought him weak, all because of that moment months and months ago where he refused to go into the ocean because of his fear of it. Hardly something to fault him for. She blatantly ignored him and the Serf resisted to urge to bristle at her for it. He was no longer Dauphin, and this upstart child was higher in rank than him. But what did he care? "Throwing your weight around, Little Lamb?" he said softly, careful not to smirk. "You don't seem the dominant type, girl," he said harshly as he gingerly rose from the chair; his bones were aching. God, he wasn't that old, yet he felt much older.

With his back straightened, the former Dauphin strode to the door as slow as he dared, knowing that he had to have said something to hit a nerve with the girl. He was certainly trying now. "I remember you told me you were a trickster, and I'm sorry I fell for it," he said coldly, turning to Rio. "Could you help me down, dear?" His tone to her was much kinder, with more warmth.

<style>
.isa-txt {font-family: Cambria, serif; font-size: 14px; line-height:17px; letter-spacing:.5px; word-spacing:1px; margin:0px 25px auto; padding:0px 75px 0px 75px; margin:5px auto; text-align:justify;}
.isa-txt .ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto; width:500px;}
.isa-txt p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding: 10px 0px 0px 0px;}
.isa-txt b {letter-spacing:1px; letter-spacing:-.05em;text-shadow:#fff 0px 0px 1px;font-family:verdana, garamond, serif; font-size:12px;}
.isa-txt .line {width:450px; border-bottom:1px dashed #000; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread