In the strangest of places
((No worries~! Anything foreign I write is ripped directly from a translator and may be completely wrong >.>))

Ugh, water. Goes straight through my fur, and takes so long to dry out after. Cold cold cold cold cold. I prefer a dry storm to a wet one, but I just love the heat. Proper heat, when everyone's loungin' around because it's so darn hot, that's the best. My folks are from Arizona, y'know. It's scorchin' in Arizona, apparently. Why they moved up north I will never know. Null sighed. While she had grown up in the snow and the cold, she was built for much warmer temperatures. She didn't suffer unduly in cooler weather, but she didn't take as easily to it as canines of northern origin. Null was fond of shadows because they kept her unnoticed-- and she had slightly photophobic eyes, meaning they hurt in bright light and she would get migraines-- but she would never pass up a chance to sunbathe if the weather was warm enough.

Yeah, he'll be alright. Won'tcha, Kaoru? You'll be fine, you're a strong young lad. You'll bounce back soon enough. She shot a friendly grin at the slave, not at all sure what the proper way to behave around slaves was. She suspected that Isabella was being harsh out of worry and a need to seem strong in front of a stranger. Null didn't really care about seeming strong, though-- being 'strong' was different to being useful, after all. And the tiny wolf didn't like snapping and snarling at people just to make herself look above them. Her inherent politeness caused her to twitch uncomfortably when Kaoru frowned-- she had only been teasing, after all.

かわいこちゃん, Kaoru. She used the least formal apology she could remember, since she felt that addressing him as a superior would be pushing it even for her. I was only teasing. Don't take it to heart, 'kay? She patted his elbow good-naturedly. She looked back to Isabella. I forgot how formal they are over in Japan. Also, I may be being a total pushover right now. I've never met slaves before, I don't think I'm used to it yet. I suppose-- how strict are you even supposed to be, I don't know what's proper. I don't wanna be mean or nothin'. She pulled an unsure face for a moment before shrugging it off. She supposed she'd get the hang of it eventually.

Oh, um-- I used to read a lot. Somewhere along the line I read a book on Japanese culture and stuff. And I knew a guy who had a lot of Japanese friends, a gaggle of travelers who'd wound up in Russia, where he met 'em. I ran into him when he travelled here to Nova Scotia, and he used to tell me what he'd learned. I haven't seen him in a while, actually, I hope he's alright. Null frowned a little, before another thought hit her. Oh, and I have a book! She rummaged in her satchel before pulling out a small, worn little book-- an English to Japanese dictionary. I've been meaning to learn the language, but I've been neglecting my studies a little bit. Got distracted by French and Italian and Russian. As a consequence, I only know a handful of words in each. She sighed and ran a hand over her face.

Messages In This Thread