In the strangest of places
((I swear it was ment to be 'gommenasai' WHAT THE HELL DID I SAY. Also, I think she's gonna hear Gale next post :3))

What-- Aw hell, I've embarrassed him. Goddamn culture barriers. Sorry. Null winced when she saw Kaoru's reaction. It occurred to her that perhaps she had been too friendly in his eyes, taking the formal, respectful culture in Japan into account. Though, this was hardly an unfamiliar situation to her; she often came across as 'too-friendly', or even flirted without realising it. It was still embarrassing. She always hated to be misinterpreted. Kaoru was cute, sure, but in a 'I wanna pudge his face' sort of way. Null had a type-- giant and not-a-slave.

Right, right. Like... A clever pet? Sounds good. And I wouldn't presume to use someone else's save without permission, of course. I just don't want to overstep, y'know? Or understep, as the case may be. Hm. Thanks much, I hadn't thought to ask Draugr yet. Null nodded, glad of the explanation. She always liked to be one hundred percent sure of anything before she got at all involved, though she doubted she would ever have a slave herself or even use a communal one. She was too paranoid and private about even her most innocuous of affairs to involve anyone else, even a slave. She hated for anyone to know about her matters unless it was something she was doing specifically for people to know about.

Je parle juste un peu français. I'm learning, a bit at a time. Null shrugged with a slight smile. I have this habit of hunting down libraries whenever I find an old human settlement, and I found a set of language books in pretty good condition. I've yet to get started on some of them. I tend to remember a handful of cool words in all the languages I study, and my mother used to drop foreign words into her speech at random so I got some from there. I'll get the hang of them all eventually, I'm sure. She grinned, confident that she could become proficient in any and all of her chosen languages. She wanted to learn them; what more did she need to know that she would master them? She had never failed at any subject she had wanted to learn (though Russian was proving suprisingly difficult). So, is French your birth language? She asked convivially, rubbing at the back of her neck.

Messages In This Thread