In the strangest of places
((Oh my gosh XD! I'd been looking up basic phrases not five minutes before and I musta got the wrong one, oh jeez. Also, lol, she doesn't seem too Sue-ish to me, it's cool.))

Null understood the gist of the French that rolled off Isabella's tounge, but only by comparing it to the languages she already knew. She nodded when the other woman spoke again in English, having always been confident in her on ability to master a skill with enough practice. Though she didn't know that she'd ever go sharing her secrets. Isabella seemed a decent sort, but Null was paranoid and secretive to the marrow of her bones. Mmhmm, She replied, which could be interpreted as confirmatory or noncommittal, I'm sure I'll get it sooner or later. Just gotta stck with it.

Null took the proffered pillow and positioned it for Kaoru's comfort, being sure not to jostle him. There we go... She murmured, mostly to herself. Hm. She listened to the raspy breathing, worrying that it could be a sign of impending pneumonia, before determining that it was just from stress and exertion. She nodded once to herself and looked up to Isabella again-- when a sound caught her attention. She pricked her ears and sat up straighter, listening for it again. It sounded like someone screaming, outside.

In one fluid movement she swept her kit back into her bag-- leaving antiseptic and a roll of bandages for Kaoru-- and hoisted the satchel onto her shoulder as she grabbed her cloak. Someone outside, catchya later-- She managed to blurt, before darting out into the storm again to find whoever was screaming in the wind.

Messages In This Thread