how at last i'd find in you the missing part of me
[html]
[/html] It was hard to believe, all this time ago, she had accepted the deer he’d laid at her doorstep; it was even harder to believe that he’d gotten the courage to even do it, and he still might not have if not for his spirit guide. He remembered the ceremony afterward very clearly, too: the strings braided around their hands, linking them together, and their exchange of vows as they stood privately by the Great Fire, seeking its blessing. She’d only smiled tenderly when his vows turned out as rambling and long as everything else he said; but that was just how she was, quiet and caring and ready to let him talk until he was finished.

Unatsikanogeni could not have asked for a better mate than Mayflower Kowl.

Today the Tsulvwisdanehi had been working out in the fields late, and he was eager to get back to their shared hut and reunite with her. He panted from the exertion of plowing, and he might’ve been damp with sweat if he were human; he definitely was sore, at least. He’d rather be sore from doing work than not-sore and clueless, though, like he’d been the first few months he’d joined the Tribe with his new profession; as a farmer he truly felt that he was contributing, and knowing that he was working for the benefit of his mate helped him too.

“I’m home, love!” the ruddy-furred man called as he finally reached the house in the middle of the Great Village, and he opened the door, his green eyes seeking her small blue merle form.
[html]
[/html]

Messages In This Thread