Lost in the Ages
[html]
I hesitate to join your AW's because I know we thread so goddamn much :| OTHER PEOPLE DESERVE A CHANCE TO ENJOY YOUR WONDROUSNESS
wordcount ► 304

The small creature, a woman he realized, caught his attention. He peered down at her through the wind and the weather, blinking away the water falling into his eyes. She was small, and unknown to him, but he towered over all and was new to the pack. She gripped his arm tightly, though weakly for him. Instinctively, he grabbed her wrist to keep her close, for she was so small and seemed so young for him, even if she was older. It was probably not okay for him to touch someone who was likely another higher ranked canine, but he was concerned she would be blown away from the gale caused by this storm.

"My daughter," he shouted into the wind, water filtering into his mouth so much that he was forced to spit it out. It tasted like salt and dirt, the combination of earth and sea, and it disgusted him. He would taste that grit until the storm subsided. Before he could add what had happened to his niece, his dark mistress appeared before him. She was tall and full of fury, as though the storm had been embodied in her. He did not cower before her, nor did he flinch when she gripped him in her iron vise of a grab. Siv's claws dug into his arm painfully, and his mind cleared.

"Domina," he said loudly, knowing they were close enough to hear but he would have to force out his words at a higher volume. "At the barn, edge of the woods. We were heading back here when we got separated. She went borras, I think. North." His heart was racing. Heaven help them all if she truly was going north; that meant she was heading toward the marshes and it was sure to be a flooded death trap.

Image credited to RomeCabs. Table style inspired by Kitty.

<style>
.gale_02 {padding:5px 0px 250px 0px; width:500px; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/yR5kk.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-color:#a02007; border: 1px solid #000; font-family:verdana;font-size:10px;line-height:12px; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; margin: 0 auto;}
.gale_02 .inner {margin:0 10px; padding: 0px 9px 0px 9px;text-align:justify;}
.gale_02 .ooc {text-align:left; color:#480201; font-size:10px; border-bottom:1px dashed #000; }
.gale_02 .wc {color:#f5bd16; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; text-align:right; padding:0px 15px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 0px 10px 5px;}
.gale_02 p {padding:0px 1px 5px 1px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;color:#000;}
.gale_02 b {font-weight:bold; color:#000; text-shadow:#cf2a00 1px 1px 2px;}
p.gale02_credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:11px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;color:#000;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread