Ten Gallon Headache {AW}
He looked down as she winced. The subtle heat told him there would be major bruising, but that she wasn't bleeding physically. Still, best to avoid willow as a painkiller. He hummed softly to himself, a wordless monotone sound as he weighed options. Making her walk to his house wouldn't help her any. But he could carry her. His decision made, he judged her weight. He wasn't the strongest male. He was, in the end, a scholar and not a warrior. But his work in the stables, helping build both the caravan and the ship, had toughened him, building muscles where there hadn't been any before.

"Alright, Kenna. I've got the herbs I need at my house, but you aren't walking there and I'm not leaving you alone. I'm going to carry you to my house. Your horse will be okay for a bit, I think." He found himself throwing an apologetic look at the horse. He just wanted her consent to him lifting her before he did it. Some wolves didn't like to be touched, and he knew it. He didn't want to offend a packmate.

Messages In This Thread