courage to defend
[html]

Adrian froze when Hotaru turned to look at him. He was frozen by fear and pain as his eyes went to hers but he saw no sign of their uselessness. The fact that he saw eyes at all made him relieved. He had been having nightmares, night after night, seeing Hotaru on the ground, crying. And when Adrian approached her, she looked up at him with empty sockets, whispering to him, "Why Adrian? Why?" Adrian usually woke up covered in sweat and he would try to scream and nothing would come out. But this Hotaru had her eyes, no matter how useless they might be.

Adrian took a step towards her when she recoiled from him. He couldn't trust her to hear him over the storm shaking the house, "I'm here to get you and anyone else stuck in the storm out of it. Skye and another wolf are with me." He said, then, because he felt like his heart was being crushed because it was obvious she didn't trust him, he lowered his voice so hopefully only she could hear him over the storm, "And I'm living with my guilt and the knowledge of what I did to you." He said, repeating what she had told him the last time they had seen each other. The he reached for her hand, taking it and gripping it so she couldn't pull away without fighting him. He wasn't going to lose her again this time."Is there anyone else in the house? Is Dalgina here? Skye and the other wolf can get her. I'm getting you back to the shop." He said, yelling over the wind as he looked over his shoulder for Skye and the other wolf. They should have followed him in, but he wasn't sure where they were. He wanted to tell them he was taking Hotaru to the shop but he couldn't bring himself to leave them. He might be Hotaru's protecter, but was he truly willing to sacrifice the lives of others again just for hers? He wasn't sure he was.

Word Count → 000

OOC Text Here.

<style>
.akido-rz {background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/ZieEd.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:top center; background-color:#c49e54; width:500px; margin:0px auto; padding:410px 0px 5px 0px; color:#5e4c28; text-align:justify; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #5e4c28;}
.akido-rz b {color:#435542; text-shadow:#5e4c28 1px 1px 2px;}
.akido-rz p { text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.akido-rz p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; border-top:1px dotted #435542; margin:15px 15px 0px;}
.akido-rz .wordcount {letter-spacing:0px;font-weight:bold; font-size:11px; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; float:right; margin:20px;}</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread