Burn our hopes, scorch our dreams.
sorry for being fail on my holiday x3 Gemma is pretty terrified looking

Gemma was also alarmed when the woman began to dig out a trench near to the Great Fire and was confused as to why she was doing it, did she not see that the winds would destroy anything left outside? But this was not for Gemma to say, and she forced herself to look back down to the fire that was decreasing in size by the minute. Her single ear was pulled back tightly to her skull, and her scarred face was pinched and crumpled, distorting horribly, showing her distress and fear. Tiva was also likewise hunkered down almost submissively with her ears drawn back, it was just too much to fully comprehend.

Her breath came in short, quick gasps, so much so that she felt light headed as she slowly thrust the metal holder into the embers and scooped up a heated pile of charcoal. Trying to stay her shivering hands she deposited the first of many such piles into the specially crafted pouch intended purely for this task. Forcing herself to ignore the Councilwoman and the new fire tender Gemma continued to pull out choice embers and place them into the pouch that Tiva held for her. As she worked Gemma's vision continually swam with unshed tears and she whispered constantly in a low hushed voice, prayers to the spirits racing from her lips asking for forgiveness for the blasphemy she was comitting, Tiva looked at her with mingled empathy and understanding, sometimes joining in with her prayers for a few sentences. Eventually it was almost full and she turned to Ulilohi just as the woman questioned her, then she spoke,

"I..it's done. I..i think." She looked to Tiva for confirmation and the fire tender nodded also looking vaguely ill.

Messages In This Thread