[p] caterwaul
[html]

Shiloh flattened her ears when she heard the struggle of Niernan getting through the door after she’d slipped through, and she regretted not standing back to help him. She stepped toward her cousin, the cat in her arms, to make sure that he wasn’t hurt, and was distracted by his own feline skidding across the floor. Deciding that the other Stormbringer wasn’t injured, just tired, she sank down onto the floor and worked on cleaning the cat; Ciaran came to assist her, and the muddy creature brushed its muzzle gladly alongside the Maine Coon’s in a gesture of gratefulness.

The white she-wolf worked on the cat, who worked on rubbing its head against anything it came in contact with, the vibration of a purr strangely absent from its body. Remembering how quiet it had been out in the storm, Shiloh had to wonder if it was mute, still in shock, or if it simply wasn’t vocal.

Niernan scolded her for being out in the hurricane, and the female glared over in his direction, carefully schooling her expression to keep her despair from showing through. She partially succeeded, at least, and ended up just looking down into the mottled patterns under the cat’s cold coat of mud. “I couldn’t stand it inside, just waiting,” she answered honestly, her voice edged. “I had to get out, I had to breathe, I had to do something. And I’m glad I did, anyway.” She rubbed behind the cat’s ears.

When the black and tan wolf scooted closer, Shiloh finished wiping the last of the excessive mud away and leaned forward to offer him the cat. She scooted even closer, almost pressed against him, under the pretense of just watching him look the feline over; she was freezing cold, and she wanted to sort of apologize for snapping at him though she was too proud to say it out loud.

“I want to name it Muddy,” Shiloh announced, and the sheer ridiculousness of that combined with the stress and her shivering produced a bout of giggles that were near hysterics, but quickly quieted as she looked down at her once-white fur. Now that they were out of mortal danger, she let disgust wrinkle her muzzle and began to wipe at herself without regard for the others.

Word Count → 381

I'm more sorry. :/ Shiloh is a dork, too. Anyway, here is info on the kittycat. Smile

<style>
.muddy2 {background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/nrEcX.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:top center; background-color:#beac93; width:500px; margin:0px auto; padding:300px 0px 5px 0px; color:#3f3931; text-align:justify; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:16px; border:1px solid #3f3931;}
.muddy2 b {color:#fff; text-shadow:#3f3931 1px 1px 2px;}
.muddy2 p { text-indent:0px; padding:7px 15px; margin:0px; }
.muddy2 p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; border-top:1px dotted #fff; margin:15px 15px 0px;}
.muddy2 .wordcount {letter-spacing:0px;font-weight:bold; font-size:11px; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; float:right; margin:20px;}</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread