Breakfast
Blood spattered Einarr’s muzzle and neck, mixing with the grey fur and matting it, giving him a terribly grizzly appearance. His stomach stretched as he gorged himself, allowing the lupine brain to take control, eat as much as possible as you would never know when your next meal would be. His muzzled still in the carcass he sensed the approach of another, stealthy or not, Einarr had lived too long among conflict not to notice it. ”Make sure your enemy doesn’t suspect a thing.” The gruff voice boomed in his mind, a faded memory surfacing after so long, so he made no move, continued eating and made sure he looked as though he suspected nothing, all the while preparing silently. When the voice came, he did not start, nor did he attempt to look around or pause in his meal until the stranger moved before him, only then did he raise his head to examine her.

The wolf before him was an interesting one, black on one side, white on the other, even her eyes were different colours, it was one of the most exotic colourings he had ever seen. He bowed respectfully, her scent was of the pack and all members were of greater station than himself. He also made sure to keep hunched, concealing somewhat his true size and exaggerating a limp, he looked older than his three years, when he scrunched up, he apparently looked even older.

”I shall remember that. My name is Einarr and I have recently joined this pack.”

His voice was deep, the words were eloquent as a bards, but spoken with no tone, no inflection or accent, making it all but impossible to glean his thoughts.

”I am troubled, I am a member of this pack and two members now have postured before me, when I joined at the borders and here. You chose subterfuge as a means of approach. Why? Is there little trust between members in this pack?”

His voice remained inscrutable. He hoped to make this his home, but where there was no trust, no home could be built.

Messages In This Thread