I just want to turn the lights on
Hi, Null replied simply, ears twitching slightly when she caught the accent. It sounded like... English? Hm, so the girl was a foreigner. It would be rather hypocritical for that to bother either of them, seeing as Null's family was from Arizona and Rurik had been born and raised in Russia. Plenty of their traveller friends, too, were wanderers from overseas.

"You are traveler too?" Rurik broke her train of thought when he spoke again to the stranger, rolling his 'r's potently. "I am Rurik, zis is my friend Null." He gestured to Null and nudged her forward a little. The runt stumbled a touch, but she recovered to flash a quick smile and a tiny greeting wave. "Vhat is your name?" He asked politely, ignoring his companion's oddly skittish behaviour. It was only a stranger in a cloak; what was bothering her so much?

If asked, Null couldn't've explained why the girl unsettled her. Perhaps it was how statuesque she had appeared before approaching them. Perhaps it was how hidden her face had been. Perhaps it was how that cloak could be hiding any number of weapons. Null sniffed-- the stranger was a loner, hm? Perhaps all the better. The idea of this stranger in a pack outside of Salsola, potentially against Salsola, it set her teeth on edge. That was what it was-- the stranger felt dangerous. How did Rurik not feel it?

Messages In This Thread