Cheer the Spirits
[html]
http://i.imgur.com/Vw2i6.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;">
http://i40.tinypic.com/jrqkvp.png); background-repeat:repeat; padding:15px">

The sound of her flute was incredibly strange, even to her. Thirteen always played the harmony to Six's melody. She was the one who filled the chords and made the music more beautiful, but it was the melody that everyone wanted to hear. Without it, the harmony was a gathering of strange, eerie notes. They weren't quite off key, but you couldn't hear the chorus of the song. It gave you the nostalgic feeling that you should know what she was playing, for it was a very well known song, yet you couldn't quite place it.

Thirteen's eyes were closed and her body swayed gently in time to the music. Her rib cage swelled with each breath. Thirteen was completely at peace despite the harsh, piercing notes that escaped her flute as she reached a rather dark verse. Only in her own mind were the words sung. The flute wove a story in her mind that wove and dance with the angelic voice that gave word to the life of a tragic boy. He had been destined to fight for all eternity only because he had fallen in love with the princess. It made Thirteen think of her own fate. She had been wandering for who knows how long, and there was no end in sight. She missed her angel, her beautiful laugh and voice.

A single tear trickled down her cheek and the notes dropped an octave. They spoke of sorrow, of unrequited love, of betrayal. The world was cruel, the world was evil, and the best gift the world had to offer had been stolen. The last wavering notes faded and the albino lowered her flute. She wiped the tear with the palm of her hand and opened her scarlet eyes. "I know you're here." Her voice was soft, barely more than a whisper and filled with sorrow. She could smell the girl and the bird though she had neither seen nor heard their approach. Her British accent was very strong, but at the moment it was overpowered by the Irish brogue she had developed from listening to the Irish sailors in the city.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread