i see through you; j
[html]

--

(!@#$%)Anselm shook his head in the negative. To date, the only person I know that lived here didn't exactly do it by choice, he said. Firefly had been locked up out back--she probably regarded the whole estate as more of a prison than a "museum of human lives." The caves provide sufficient shelter from the elements and have a better vantage point in general, you can't really see far off this property even from the top floor windows. There were too many trees. This place was also on the fringes of their territory, not dead centre. To him, at least, it made much more sense to live in the "wild" where they belonged. Although the mansion had fared well enough over the years, he still trusted solid rock more. It didn't seem as likely to randomly collapse.

(!@#$%)Besides, I've been in there over half a dozen times and I still don't completely know my way around. There's lots of mystery here--I wouldn't want to spoil it. Familiarity bred contempt, or so they said. If he spent so much time there that he got all of the secret rooms and passageways down, it wouldn't be nearly as exciting. To him, it didn't offer much of a tactical advantage to become familiar with the place anyway... the coyotes could hide in as many random rooms as they pleased, but it really meant nothing if anybody decided to torch the whole building. Then they might just get stuck.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread