Some rise by sin, and some by virtue fall
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... 9e6433.png); background-color:#000000; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; padding-right:0px; padding-top: 300px; border-radius:15px; -moz-border-radius:15px; -webkit-border-radius:15px; border-bottom-left-radius:15px; border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px;">

ooc: Since he's all like "screw you, X'ies" I'm fine for X'ies to pop in at any point. Wink

An ear twitched when she spoke the fond childhood nick name, and the tensing of his jaw laid evidence to his clenched teeth. Oh, how dearly he wished she could say that name in sincerity once again. Now it was all lost. He could not imagine a future where he ever believed another loving word from her again… and yet, that was all he ever wanted, a future where he could believe in his sister’s love and loyalty.

“And betrayal does not become you. You have grown so heartless that you would mock me, and before your precious little Lambda at that,” he grumbled and shook his head, the long burnished red braid that trailed down his back swayed to and fro. “Do not call me brother-Ro again, one who can not even face me alone. What is this, guilty conscience?” He shook his head again. “No, I still hold too much love for you. I forget you have no conscience.”

His eyes bore into X’yrin, hoping to see a lash of pain from his words… something, anything that would show him that he could still hurt her. It was an evil way, but it was all his scorned heart knew to do. If he could see the hurt or the regret in her face, maybe he could begin to convince himself she actually felt it. But why would she show him such courtesy when he would not afford her the same? His eyes were still hard, glossy marbles.

Her words cut deep, a dull knife digging into a festering wound. He winced and scoffed. The rocky growl in his chest spoke his surprise that she could be so stupid. Another snarl, a look, and then he burst into haughty laughter. After his booming laugh, he returned to words again.

“The Lambda has poisoned you, truly. You are so arrogant and blind, sister. You left me. Turned your back on your own brother… and for what? To be with one like him?” Again, a gesture toward X’ies, and a sidelong glance. “Look at him… fire ravages and leaves ash behind. That is what he is.” He looked disdainfully at X’ies’s slate gray coat. When he looked at him he could see nothing but destruction, but unfortunately it was not X’yrin or X’ies’s destruction that he was really seeing, no matter how he tried to spin it.

“We were in it together, X’yrin, and you,” the fire was crackling out of his voice, his tone becoming more like the rasp of a broken heart. “abandoned me. How could I ever come talk to you about anything? I can’t even talk to you now without him here! I would give you my soul, not that one. He loosed another snarl at the gray wolf next to his sister.

466 words.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread