Some rise by sin, and some by virtue fall
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... 9e6433.png); background-color:#000000; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; padding-right:0px; padding-top: 300px; border-radius:15px; -moz-border-radius:15px; -webkit-border-radius:15px; border-bottom-left-radius:15px; border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px;">

'No!' he grunted, and half turned his body back to her to catch a glimpse of his sister as she was, timid on the ground as he spat every last ireful word at her. “Of course that is not why I left. Whatever his reason was... well, that is obvious.” Stormy eyes looked back and forth between them, and paused for a beat on the one paw she carefully stepped forward with. He didn't know what he would do if she came to him, but he did not have to worry, she held herself steadfast.

“I wanted to find you.” 'You. X'yrin. Sister. Friend.' He suddenly looked very heavy, his shoulders slumped forward and his gaze dropped to stare at his feet, though his expression was illegible. He was not dejected, and although he looked at the ground it was more like his eyes saw a memory, pictures of a time long since past. “And I hoped that just seeing your face again would change everything. I thought... if anybody could erase what has happened...” he held a fist over his heart, waved a hand, and uttered a few noises that few random onlookers could decipher yet X'yrin and their family would understand '...could erase stain on this spirit...' “...it would be you.”

He huffed a little half laugh, that kind of sound a body makes when he scoffs inwardly at himself, and shook his head. “Oh, but Sister, it seems I was wrong again.” He rubbed the back of his head with a giant hand, loosing some fiber from his long braid.

“What's worse is now you've even taken away my hope. I thought I might take you back. Bring you home, where you belonged. You might even still be Shepard, the fold would forgive you. You earned it, after all, right? When I fell?” He nodded, but it was a sarcastic gesture. “Should have made that journey take longer. Should never have found that one who sent me here... Jiva...” he cursed the name, though he knew the young one had only meant to help. It seemed he was now starting to have a track record of blaming others for his problems.

“But it's worse than I thought. You have your Lambda and you've got your little pet Family here. What would the others think, knowing that you left, thinking that you – the 'strongest' of our fold - might one day return to us... but instead you are out here... replacing us all...” His voice drifted on the breeze, and he let the last of his sentence hang in the air as he met her eyes, wondering if she had ever even taken the time to notice that she had, indeed, thrown their entire Family to the wind.

464 words.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread