the water creeps to my chest
[html]

Mah post is cruddilicious!

The hybrid stranger was definitely a memorable character, with black and tan fur and dark hair tamed by a blue headband. His eyes, too, were blue: a pale, icy color not unlike hers. He had piercings, scars, a tattoo, but her survey of him ended there. Her gaze was drawn to the cigarette between his fingers as he held it out to her, and he spoke a single accented word in question, one that made her smirk wryly.

“I’ve never tried, but if you want to hold it for me…” Vesper drawled smoothly, lifting up a forepaw to showcase her lack of thumbs. She supposed she could shift into Optime to make this easier, but she preferred her birth form outside of the safety of Inferni. She hesitated, measuring him and how much she could trust him, and made a gesture that asked him to wait a moment before stepping back as she let the change take over her body. It was a faster transition than it used to be, but not as fast as practiced Ortus shifters.

She was infinitely relaxed once the change was completed, sitting and running her fingers through her short hair to pretend she wasn’t shaken. She then reached out for the cigarette, turning it around in her claws curiously before putting the right end to her lips.

The coywolf wasn’t sure what she’d expected, but as the smoke filled her lungs she parted her jaws and coughed out a few puffs like a dragon with a cold. Eyes watering, she looked at him questioningly. “Why do you Luperci breathe this stuff?” she asked hoarsely, and coughed again.

“I’m Vesper,” she introduced after she’d sucked in cleaner air. “From Inferni.” She wondered if that’d mean anything to him.

<style type="text/css">
.vescarr .space {width:270px; height:300px; float:right;}
.vescarr b {font-weight:bold; color:#83834a; letter-spacing:1px; font-family:garamond; font-size:15px;}
.vescarr p.ooc {font-size:10px; text-align:center; text-indent:0px; padding:10px 5px;}
.vescarr p.ooc + p {padding:5px 15px;}
.vescarr p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.vescarr {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#000; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/BJ5EM.png); background-position:top right; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000; padding:0px 0px 0px 0px; font-family:arial; font-size:13px; color:#99afb5; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread