A Skeleton City
She paused her step near an interior column and allowed herself to lay down, front paws crossed, and her attention to the pup. She listened about the dog clan and remembered that in her pack there were a few of them, and they were very quiet by nature. The mish-mashed group she had once belonged to had to be that way in order to survive. There was interbreeding through the species but the red w.olves had strictly mated within the couple of families to keep the heritage alive. It was a big deal to be a red w.olf there. She listened as the pup mentioned he was a direct relation to a leader of a pack. Interesting. Maybe this would be her chance to join a pack around to help calm her growling stomach.

India smiled and replied to the question, I'm from a place a month or more south of here. It use to be a holding place for all sorts of animals from far away lands. I was the babysitter of my old pack. You remind me a lot of those pups, though you probably will never see them. The lie was quaint. No one had to know exactly what happened far away at 127.0.0.1. Nor would a pup want to her such tragic stories. She looked the pup over and held back to urge to groom the little thing. So small and all alone. It seemed blasphemous to her to let a pup, especially so closely related to an Omega, wander around alone. She would have never allowed such things back 127.0.0.1. Her mind muddled through different ideas of exactly how to best see if this the Land of Wuffluvers would allow her into the ranks of their pack. She had heard rumors else where of coyotes being vicious, but the ones she knew personally were kind. It would be a bit of a risk she thought, but joining a strange pack would always be that way.

Noting in her mind that the pup was indeed alone, she clicked into babysitter mode and went up to one of the cans that lay on the ground and flicked one toward the pup with her nose. Here. Let's play a game while we talk. Catch that can and push it back to me. She smiled as the can rolled along the white smooth floors, stained with dirt and dried fluids. She went ahead and asked while the can was in motion, You think your brother would be against a w.olf like me joining your clan? I could be your babysitter so you wouldn't be out here alone. We could explore together.

Messages In This Thread