A Skeleton City
[html]

If there was one thing he knew he needed to learn about after he learned how to read, it was the humans. They were referenced to often and he knew that their kind were in a strange transistion stage between living like their ancestors and living like the extinct rulers of the planet. Dens became houses and clothing found their way over fur -- after their mother ran off, Gabriel had invited his litter to stay at the house (sometimes he felt guilty knowing that it used to belong to Syemv, but he didn't know much about that story and if it was theirs now, then so be it) and he saw firsthand every day all of the strange things that weren't originally theirs but that were slowly being integrated into their society.

He wasn't sure what he thought of zoos; there were other words he didn't yet understand, but he tucked them all away in the back of his head to figure out later. Novelties, trinkets, and so on. Arkham watched the rusted old can roll off into the dark fringes of the buildings interior, but blue-turning-red eyes went back to the female when she started to circle him. Like she was sizing him up, like he was prey. The urge to run set in and he almost jumped three feet into the air when she touched him. Instead, he scampered a short distance away and stared back at her, ever suspicious. She said it was a motherly action, but even his own mother had been quick to see them off, so what did he have to base "motherly" actions off of?

Arkham Lykoi, he said of his name, knowing full well that Lykoi was a powerful word in their lands, and even if this newcomer didn't know of them yet, she would eventually, and that was enough. As for being better off? He supposed. He wasn't really aware of what family life was like for others or what it was supposed to be like, but at the very least, he recognized that he wasn't really mistreated at 127.0.0.1. Gabriel and Faolin did their best to take care of him. Ahemeit did too, when she was around. He and Andre didn't get along, but that really didn't have anything to do with anything. And the rest of the clan that wasn't his family mostly just left him alone. Sometimes, he missed his mother, but he had come to realize that he didn't really need her to be there as much anymore anyway. And his father was still a mystery that he just hadn't gotten around to figuring out yet.

M'brother 'n his mate takes good care of me, I guess. Our mum used t'be t'leader, but she left, so. 'R'ye gonna join one of t'wulf packs? Muh dad's in Cloud'd Tears, I think. My stupid sister Rachias went off to look for 'im. As far as he knew, his father was a coy'ote also and the only mixed blood he had came from his mother, but he really didn't know that much. Why'dja leave yer old pack?
[/html]

Messages In This Thread