Diamonds and Coal
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v222/ ... table2.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

Silver eyes followed the other woman as she settled herself to the ground, watching her for a few moment before finally deciding to do so herself. Ayegali did so carefully, dropping herself to the ground and folding her legs over one another, resting her hands carefully in her lap. There was a difference between being comfortable and being disrespectful, especially when it came to meeting others of mutual power in new lands. Ears cupped forward quickly, taking in the words that were offered to her, and Ayegali gave a nod of her head at the others introduction, running the name in her mind a few times. She was certain that they must have thought their names were odd, just as she had thought many of the names she had heard seemed odd to her.

"I don't blame your curiosity, it is a sign of a careful leader." She said quietly, knowing that it was exactly the same reason that she had come to the pack's lands. "My tribe lived far away from here, we've been traveling for many months now. Other groups of Luperci started to the gather in the area of our home. They didn't understand the way that we live, didn't want to understand, so they attacked. Many lost their lives as we fought to protect our home and our families. There were to many though and I made the decision to leave and find a new place to settle. We've been traveling ever since." The dark woman explained quietly, a frown settling in to her features as she lifted her eyes to the other woman's face.

"We would like nothing more than to be allowed to live in peace. Our tribe believes in hunting in our own lands, respecting our neighbors, whether it be the animals that roam the lands or the other packs that might live near by. We have many celebrations, feasts and dancing, but everything we do is on our own lands." It was difficult for her to try and find a way to explain their way of life. Sometimes she thought they were just better off observing it. "We live under the laws of nature and the Spirits and crimes are an unacceptable thing. And like your Phoenix Valley, we are all family, whether by blood or not."

[/html]

Messages In This Thread