he'll never say you're beautiful
[html]
http://i36.tinypic.com/23tqi2r.jpg); background-position:top; background-repeat: no-repeat; width: 448px; border: 1px solid #000; background-color: #20466A;">
      Firefox managed to save this post when my power went out. The might and sheer awesome that is FireFox constantly amazes me.

Watch the skyscrapers as they melt away
      Her sister must have gone mad in the time they had been apart. Her transition from anger to the easy-going conversationalist was unnerving to say the least. The physical change was alarming, as her face softened and her fur no longer stood on end. She relaxed her body considerably, almost as if her little outburst had never happened. She continued on with this in mind, neglecting to mention to Tayui what it was that set her so ill at ease. Nothing? Nothing at all? Tayui frowned, annoyed that her sister couldn't even tell her what she had said wrong. But Aurèle had always looked down on her-- it wasn't anything she should be unfamiliar with, but the feeling left a bitter taste. She didn't care about what Aurèle thought she knew about Tayui-- everything she had known in the past was irrelevant. It didn't matter because Tayui had left it all behind and started over. But Aurèle would never care; she had never cared.

Tayui felt the seeds of resentment begin to blossom, planted deep in her heart so many years ago. She had stopped thinking about her birth pack many years ago, for their existence had no influence over her. They were just a part of her life that had ended. But now it was back-- Aurèle was back-- and Tayui wasn't certain she liked it this way. It had to be natural to resent her sister, after everything she'd done and hadn't done. Even so, she felt like her annoyance was somehow unjustified.

She refused to feel guilty. "I left shortly after the fire was started," she replied. She almost added, and Daedalus chased after me, leaving me with a scar, but did not see the relevance. She frowned at Aurèle's comment, clenching her jaw. Aurèle could never let things go, could she? "I wonder why, sister. Few of you were ever very accommodating. I was expected to learn how to hunt without actually participating in any hunts." She paused, attempting to catch her sister's eyes as she lost herself in the emerald sea. "You still resent me, don't you?" She supposed she was asking herself this, but she knew Aurèle harboured a great deal of ill-will toward her. She had accepted it when she had been younger, but now, she was growing tired of her sister's games, and only wished to know the truth.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread