the spark in my heart
[html]
Not sure if Pendzez is just very touchy, but Jefferson wasn't raising his voice at all. His dialect is just a little rough around the edges.
wc308

--

When the white wolf erupted in a sudden furious reaction, his tone and fur flared up like he was being attacked by a bear. For a quick, vague moment, Jefferson could almost recognize the reaction as one of his some time ago, but the male sort of shrugged and stared rather indifferently at the angered white male. It was unbearably obvious how young the wolf was in comparison to his own years; the boy was lucky that the hybrid was not only the flesh-ripping type, but also that he was in no body of health to do much of anything in the first place. Jefferson simply cocked a brow and leaned back, briefly puzzled as to what had sparked up such a reaction. The hybrid hadn't said anything offensive--and if he had, well hell. The boy evidently still had plenty to learn about existing as a group.

"Grow up," was the hybrid's first reply. His singular green eye thinned, and at that point he chomped straight through the twig in his mouth and spat it out. "I've been a loner for longer than you've been living, kid, and even I know how the pack is supposed to run. Watch your tongue--words like that will have you shredded and deserted in no time." Weren't morning people supposed to be perpetually peppy and annoyingly happy in the morning, anyway? He searched for another twig to chew on; damn habit. "I'm not afraid of you. But packlife means you have to live and let live, and figure out your mates live--or talk. Don't apologize to me... save it for when you explode on the leaders." He retrieved another small branch from the ground and began to chew on it as he leaned his head back against the trunk of the tree and closed his eye, enjoying the breeze.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread