the spark in my heart
[html]
I'd say so! Big Grin
wc336

--

"No," he replied very quickly when inquired about his family. His smile faded but he did not yet scowl, but the gruff look of indifference returned to his face. "I don't have family. Or if I do, they're not anywhere around here. Not sure who the hell they are or where they've been either, but I've never come across them." He purposely left it unsaid that he didn't even know who they are. With his luck, Pendzez wouldn't notice or wouldn't question him on that any further. His ear twitched, and his lone green eye wandered away into the distance. "Be grateful for your blood, kid... Especially when you have memories of them."

He straightened his back and rolled his shoulders before making himself comfortable again. "Jefferson? Not my name. Hell if I know what it is. I saw that one somewhere and I couldn't remember being called anything else, so it stuck." He shrugged. "I got assaulted a couple times over and took too many knocks on the noggin, understand? That's how I survived. I ran into every damn pissed off pisser that was in the area and all his buds, and let's just say talking didn't work well." His green eye affixed back on the white male. He was being a bit harsh with it, but the chills ran down his spine--Jeffers despised such a feeling, and it never usually ended well. The male had never enjoyed being a loner, but had never known anything else. Escaping it seemed like a foreign concept, until he somehow did completely by mistake and ended up in Phoenix Valley for the time being. Would he last? He didn't really know. "It's an eat-or-be-eaten world out there. If you lose your leg or your eye, you have to figure out how to keep up with those who haven't. Keep close to your packmates and you'll keep all your limbs." For a moment his gaze strayed down to his arm in the sling, but again averted soon after.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread