twenty bucks says you'll remember me
[html]

i heard they say the boy's missing

He didn't need to answer the first question, for he knew what his reply would be. Whether or not Pilot was that stupid not to have noticed was irrelevant. To Hybrid, the question had an obvious answer, one so obvious that he did not even bother thinking about replying. Instead, he just laughed quietly, shaking his head slowly. Stupid, stupid wolf; how could he not know? (But that was a rhetorical question as well).

Hybrid remained silent when the male spoke again, growing angrier with each word. Oh, of course he thought-- he thought far more than this thing ever might. He was an inquisitive soul, always looking to learn a newer, better way to kill. He was always interested in educating himself about various ways one could kill a wolf, or how to remove a skull from a wolf's body without the use of weapons. Why, Hybrid would have been the equivalent of a bookworm if he had read books. No, Hybrid learned all he needed to know on the battlefield, with the wind at his side and the smell of blood in the air.

He felt Pilot's fist connect with his shoulder, and was mildly surprised that he did not try to evade it. In fact, he usually would have, but this time, it seemed rather opportune to let Pilot land a hit on him. Instead of tensing up as Pilot went to punch, Hybrid exhaled and collapsed into it, letting his shoulder roll and reflect the damage. Instead of instinctively bracing for the impact, Hybrid let it come to him, sunk down slightly, and neutralized the damage simply by relaxing into it. Just as quickly as Pilot had struck him, Hybrid snaked his arm around Pilot's, attempting to pull the other male toward him, and use the momentum to turn around and push him onto the ground. "I think you just might. And that thought disgusts you more than I ever could," he replied at last, reaching out to stroke Pilot's cheek. Yes, there could be nothing more disgusting than a filthy coyote. Hybrid growled; Pilot would pay for that later.

Table by Mel!
[/html]

Messages In This Thread