Toward the Sea: Updated
Sorry this took longer than expected. My net was cut for a few days.

[html]

He was bold and brash, though those words fell short of what she really thought of him. Scruffy came to mind, but the echoes in his eyes told the truth. He was menacing underneath the blankness of his warning. She smiled at him and shook her head to fling more of the collecting snow from her flowing red fur. It wasn't like she was doing any harm, just exploring and hoping to find the coyotes more welcoming than cruel. Arkham was right. India didn't move but to turn her head. The red-brown eyes seemed almost lazy in their examination of the other. He smelled like coyote, though something didn't quite match up to her. I don't belong to any of the packs in the area. I pose no threat. The shadow in her mind awoke just then. Peaking out through her mind to see what was going on. It pooled up in her eyes, expanding her pupils until they were large with small rings of red around them. She lowered herself in submission, keeping her eyes locked on the male. She really was only curious, but if he pushed the meeting into a fight she would fight back.

I met a pup from here not to long ago. I couldn't believe that coyotes were wolf haters here. They are part of my pack back home. Had to see for myself. I'm sure you believe me. I don't look like any of the wolves you've seen. She broke from submission and stood tall, showing off her height, lanky legs, and delicate paws. She was faster than most wolves because of the long legs, but less of a fighter because of the small paws. She lowered her head to the other in respect, hoping to get on his good side before the situation went south.
[/html]

[Image: towardtheseap2copy.jpg]

Messages In This Thread